Advantages of shock freeze technology
Advantages of shock freeze technology
Blast chambers - fresh products all year round!
Who doesn’t know how thawed foods and meals from an ordinary freezer, lose their appearance and turn into an unsightly formless food, watery and loose, which you don’t want to eat at all?! Such food and meals are not in demand on the market and at the restaurants, and companies suffer great losses.
Food, vegetables, fruits, herbs, mushrooms, thawed after a shock freeze, have the same fresh and attractive appearance, as fresh, as from the beginning. This happens because during freezing in the cooling chambers micro-crystals of water are formed in the tissues of the products that do not spoil and do not tear their structure, while in traditional freezing it happens exactly the opposite.
The intensive cooling of cooked food is especially relevant for restaurants. It is often necessary that ready meals be frozen in chambers for a specified period. Before placing them in ordinary freezers, the dishes are left to cool at room temperature for a long time. Accordingly, in process of cooling, products losing moisture and become unattractive in appearance. Even if such defrosted dishes are subjected to repeated heat treatment, their appearance will no longer be the same!
We invite everybody, personally come to our office and try to freeze your food or ready-made meals. We are sure that the result will leave you with an extremely positive impression.
Shock freezing chambers — saving for the benefit!
Shock freezing chambers are recognized as the most effective and economical freezing equipment with great capabilities and wide areas of application. One of the main advantages of such chambers is efficiency. It manifests itself due to the following factors:
- Reducing losses in product weight by 2 to 3 times. The shock freezing chambers quickly reduce the temperature inside the product, so the moisture in the product turns into micro-crystals, and after defrosting, the product retains all organoleptic characteristics (taste, color, smell, and texture). Macro-crystals of moisture has time to form in the usual method of freezing, which, upon subsequent thawing, ruin the appearance of the product and destroy the internal structure of the cells (fibers) of the product, and when defrosted, they lead to abundant moisture and the corresponding loss in the nutritional properties of the product, as well as its weight.
- Reduce cooling and freezing time by 3 to 10 times. This allows you significantly reduce energy cost, and allows you to use the equipment much longer. At the same time, the speed of intense freezing depends on the type and consistency of the product.
- Reduction of production space by 1.5 - 2 times. Reducing the area occupied by freezing equipment is achieved by the small size of the chambers. At the same time, they can load not only the standard number of gastronome containers (20 levels), but also up to 25 levels. From the economic point of view for the restaurants (especially with a large volume of production), it is possible to freeze a sufficiently large number of meals and semi-prepped products and save on time of the preparation. Moreover, shock freezing chambers can be made “through”, allowing you to load products on one side and unload on the other.
- Payback period reduction by 15 - 20%. The shock freezing chamber pays off much faster than the freezer with the same overall dimensions. Conventional freezers are much larger in size, and the products freeze much longer in it.
- Better materials. All shock freezing chambers are made of high-quality food materials that provide perfect corrosion protection for structures. In addition, the chambers comply with international hygiene and sanitary standards. The necessary certificates of conformity are available.
- Reduced raw ingredients costs. Products frozen in shock-freezing chambers do not lose weight during defrosting. Thanks to this, the initial mass of raw ingredients purchased for further business processes becomes possible to optimize, because products no longer “leak through fingers” when defrosting.
- Technological business processes. When using equipment such as shock freezing chambers, it becomes possible to conduct business processes in production more technologically. Accordingly, the turnover increases due to the rational stages of loading, storage, and defrosting of food products.
company is truly a unique technology that preserves the natural look, taste, and color of frozen foods.
Call us and we will arrange a convenient time for you.
Shock freezing chambers — new perspectives on food freezing!
Shock freezing chamber: new possibilities for long-term storage
The shock-freezing chamber is the best option not only for the fastest way to cool and freeze food, but also to increase their shelf life. This technology allows for further defrosting to produce dishes of excellent quality and appearance at the facility. Food safety is achieved due to the following factors:
- Ease of use of chambers. It is extremely difficult to establish erroneous cooling programs in modern shock freezing chambers, which can lead to spoilage of frozen products. It is enough to choose the mode suitable for the type of product, and the freezing process will automatically begin. In this case, the possibility of spoiling food and ready meals is almost completely excluded. In the traditional method of freezing, products usually either turn into a block of ice or remain completely frozen.
- Shelf life. An effective system of forced ventilation and air cooling allows you to increase the possible shelf life of frozen foods and even ready meals from weeks in a regular chamber to any duration in shock freezing chambers.
- Product structure. A very fast cooling and freezing process takes place in equipment for intensive freezing; therefore, micro-crystals of water are formed inside the products in the shortest possible time. Then, as with traditional freezing, water molecules turn into larger crystals. Because of this, the structure of the tissue of the product is broken, and it loses its original shape. This does not happen during freezing in shock freezers.
- Bacteriological environment. Since cooling and freezing processes are faster in intensive-freezing chambers, the development of many types of pathogenic bacteria slows down, and then stops literally in the first minutes. This is mostly because the air temperature inside the chamber in the first 10 minutes drops to -20 degrees. In traditional freezers, with a slow freezing process, the bacteriological environment retains its viability much longer, which causes the process of decay and leads to spoilage of products.
- Speed of freezing. Intensive cooling allows cooked hot dishes to be taken directly from the oven, from the stove or from the combi steamer, immediately loaded in the chambers and subjected to cooling, and subsequently to freezing. At the same time, cooling takes place in the shortest possible time, and cooked dishes retain their palatability. Because there is a rapid decrease in temperature inside such equipment: cooling to almost zero degrees occurs in 90 minutes, and storage temperature is reached in 240 minutes.
- Freshness of the product. In traditional freezing, in order to cool and freeze dishes in the chambers, they are first left to cool slowly at room temperature. With this technology, they lose some of their best qualities and freeze, already standing in the air and airing. In addition, with traditional cooling and freezing, the process itself takes a rather long time (from 8 hours - the time required for cooling, up to 24 hours - the time required for freezing).
- Lack of preparation of the product. In order to preserve all the organoleptic properties of products, during freezing in shock freezing chambers, chemical or thermal processing of food products is not required. An exception may be some types of berries, fruits, and vegetables, which for technological reasons require certain types of processing to maintain purity and biochemistry.
Using shock freezing chambers, you can significantly increase the shelf life of food products without worrying about their safety, as well as more efficiently plan the production of cooking and freezing dishes, avoiding the necessary daily cooking. All chambers are quite simple to manage and maintain. All our customers can verify this.
Come to our office and try to personally freeze your products. We are sure that the result will be above your expectations!
Shock freeze - increase the life of your products!
The best way to economically store and increase the shelf life of food and ready meals is intensive cooling or shock freezing.
It is known that under the influence of microorganisms, the properties of food products and their shelf life are significantly reduced. That is, regardless of where the bacteria is present (in the environment or in the products themselves), the processes of natural decay and putrefaction occur over a certain period of time. Therefore, shock freezing is one of the most optimal and quickest ways to stop their effects on food.
The process of freezing, which is subjected to food, vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, herbs in ordinary freezers takes more than 8 hours. Cooked dishes, which can cool before freezing, are especially sensitive to the effects of microorganisms. Their cooling and freezing time can take up to 24 hours, respectively, the shelf life of finished dishes in the traditional way is much lower than with shock freezing.
The shelf life of food products by intensive cooling are:
- Ready meals cooled to a certain temperature can last up to six days. At the same time, they can be cooked at any time for consumption. Such a restoration will take very little time - up to 15 minutes.
- Frozen ready meals can be stored up to 14 days.
- Frozen meat, fish, pastry, snack bars, and other semi-prepped products can be stored up to 45 days.
- Frozen food, mushrooms, herbs, vegetables, fruits, meat, fish can be stored for up to one and a half year.
Shock freezing chambers - purity and freshness of your products!
Shock freezing is the most optimal and economically feasible way to preserve for a long time the taste and nutritional qualities of products and prepared dishes, which after defrosting remain fresh, aromatic and tasty. The main advantages of this type of storage of food and dishes:
- Freshness of products. This freezing technology prevents moisture loss and airing of foods and ready meals. Thus, after thawing, the products have a wonderful fresh taste and smell, and are completely ready for further use or preparation. Nutrition value and palatability correspond to freshly prepared dishes.
- Bacteriological environment. Thanks to the special temperature regime of shock freezing, all kinds of bacteria practically stop reproducing and die already during the first minutes of this process. Thus, the processes of decay and spoilage of the product are completely excluded, and meals after defrosting remain fresh and tasty.
- Preservation of vitamins and minerals. Shock freezing is a great way to preserve vitamins and minerals in vegetables and fruits that are lost during traditional freezing or storing them in the open air, as well as save from natural spoilage.
To personally verify that, we invite those who wish to come to our office and freeze their products in shock freezing chambers. Thus, one can be convinced by the example of the unique properties of shock freezing.
Optimization of shock freezing processes
Currently, not a single restaurant or trade company will be able to properly build and optimize business processes without equipping the production or trading process with high-quality intensive cooling chambers.
Let us look at an example.
- Accurate calculation of the number of foods and dishes for freezing. The process of cooling and freezing products in shock freezing chambers takes a clearly defined time. This allows you to plan staff workdays almost every minute. Indeed, knowing the number of free chambers at any given moment, specialists will be able to calculate and order the exact number of meals or products that will be frozen for a certain time period. Thus, it is possible to plan in detail all the production business processes at the enterprise (ingredients delivery-cooking-packing- cooling-freezing-thawing-heat treatment-serving dishes on the table, etc.), virtually eliminating unpleasant surprises at work.
- Staff work planning. Defrosting dishes and products from intensive cooling chambers takes a strictly defined period, so restaurant or cafe staff can always plan the heating, preparation and serving of frozen semi-prepped products or ready meals, and, if necessary, quickly serve a large number of identical or different dishes.
- Optimization of staff. Using through-the-chamber shock freezing chambers (in which there are doors on both sides), one can not only simplify the layout in the kitchen, but also optimize the work of personnel who are engaged in proofing (defrosting and heat treatment). You can also optimize the work of the waiters, who serve the same dishes to the customers in the facility.
- Saving production space. By saving space, you can install more technological and commercial equipment, such as combi steamers or proofers, or increase the area of the sales area and seating for visitors. At the same time, their output quality remains at a high level!
It is much more difficult to clearly build a business chain in a company where traditional freezers are used, since it is not always possible to accurately calculate the cooling and freezing times due to the features of this equipment.
In order to choose the right model and the number of shock-freezing chambers, contact FastCold specialists. In addition, we invite everyone to come to our company, personally participate in the process of freezing food products and clearly see the benefits of intensive cooling.